Thursday, April 12, 2018

Refocusing...

A statement in my morning devotional jumped off my "smarter-than-me" phone screen & practically slapped me in the face:

"If you know how to worry, you know how to meditate!  All you need to do is change what you think about and you will be practicing Christian meditation." (Nicky & Pippa Gumbel from HTB in London)

Wow... this rocked me back on my heels.  I've often thought if worry was an occupation, I could be a CEO - if it were an Olympic event, I'd have gold medals lining my trophy shelf.

As a Christ follower, when I worry I feel guilt = "Why isn't my faith strong enough to overcome this?" I question myself... "Do I know love Jesus enough?"  or "I'm doing it wrong" I complain to myself.

A simple shift in focus is in order.  Instead of giving power to whatever it is I'm worrying about at the moment, I need to remember the fact that Jesus gave His life on the cross for me.  He paid it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away... be advised, I do read each and every comment.
Thanks for stopping by!