I had a line from a movie pop into my head this morning: Listen to it here
I had to Google to remember the source of the quote (because the coffee has yet to kick in this morning). When the You Tube link popped up I was amazed at myself for not remembering that these words were uttered through Clint Eastwood's clenched teeth. (We are HUGE Clint fans in this house).
The hubster was concerned that I was attempting to send him a subtle message about something he did - or was thinking about doing. I quickly reassured him that this advice was for me: I am on the verge of spreading myself too thin (as is my habit, because I have a speech impediment which makes it difficult for me to say the word "No" to people).
I am a habitual people-pleaser who avoids conflict and hard feelings at all costs. As a result, I easily over-commit myself to help friends when I should be taking care of myself or my family. Well, that buck stops here today! For once, I actually saw it coming before it happened. (Hooray for me!)
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Friday, August 10, 2012
Today is yet another opportunity to make choices:
- what do I eat for breakfast?
- dark magic or donut shop coffee from the Keurig?
- does the dog get a crunchy dog biscuit or one of her special bacon treats after performing her morning constitutional?
- oh, and can't forget the wardrobe for the day - will I be leaving the house (which forces a certain level of decorum) or do I get to just hang around the house for the day?
- then there is the all important attitude... will I pattern my outlook after the concept "the glass is half full" or will I be more like Eeyore?